Friday, April 29, 2011

We Love You Dad

  Rest In Peace Dad
February 4th,  1952         April 23, 2011

Oh my goodness Dad, we are all going to miss you.  You had the greatest sense of humor.
                       You always kept us laughing   But most of all...  You Loved us.
       Things that embarrassed me as a kid, are fond memories of you now.                                       
Like when I was 14 and you picked me up from a friends party in your slippers, 
your sweatpants with the little flower on them and an old t shirt.
  No you couldn't just wait outside like all the other parents,
you had to come in and say hello to everyone.
Mortifying at the time, but everyone loved you for that.
Thank you for teaching me to love God first and foremost
To not be ashamed to be myself
Not to worry about what others think
To enjoy life with lots of laughter
and to love with all my heart.

Love ,
Dizzy Lizzy
aka
Debby

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debby, Just found your blog trough Heart Therapy. I lost my father in April as well. Thank you for sharing your journey.
    ~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

    ReplyDelete