Monday, April 18, 2011

Suitcase redo

I got this suitcase at a thrift store for a dollar.....
Now it looks real pretty in this picture, Except this is just a copy, I forgot to take a picture before I started this project and well unfortulately it did NOT look this good.
 So anyway moving on   I decided to decoupage it and now it looks like this
and here is where I need help..... those edges where you can totally see where the papers end and start again??   What should I do there??    I'm thinking of sanding it a bit and maybe painting it with a brownish color to make it look "old".   Any suggestions??  I just can't decide how to finish it... so this is my "project in progress"   the poor thing just sits there half done, looking sad :(

I would love to hear your thoughts so leave a comment!

****update****
I finally finished this 
I ended up using a mix of craft 
paints to come up with a color to "age" the edges.
and now I love it :) 

Linking up to....   Ma Nouvelle Mode   Projects in Progress

Thanks for stopping by
Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment