Monday, October 31, 2011

Simple Ruffle Lampshade Tutorial

I had this lavender lamp  that was very cute, BUT it didn't match any room in my house and because  I needed a lamp in the computer/craft/dressing room.   I decided to give it a facelift.



I had some burlapish fabric
 ( leftover from another project)  that I cut into strips.
I didn't bother making straight lines or finishing the raw edges, 
I wanted it to look a little... shabby chic.
My lampshade is small so I didn't need that much, but if you're doing
a regular size shade  cut lots!  You use more than you think.
just do the last 2 steps all the way around the lampshade until
it's completely covered.
and that's it!    Easy peasy



 I painted the base blue to match the room better
and glued the fabric flowers to the shade





Now I need to get some cleaning done!
After all..... it is Monday :)
Hope you're having a great day!!


Linking to  We Did It! Wednesday , Inspired By You Wednesday
and Fall Into Fall - It's a Party

No comments:

Post a Comment