Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Knit baby hats

I found a great tutorial for knit-baby-hats that I've been dying to make.  They are so adorable!
Two of my friends had baby girls this month and I was thrilled that I could make these as gifts.
This is how mine turned out: 

I did change the embellishment a little bit to make it more my own, and I totally LOVE how they turned out.     The polka dot one is a felt flower  with a little rhinestone glued in the center, I had to hot glue this one on the hat because I couldn't get a needle through the hot glue on the flower, .and the pink one is a rolled rosette I made out of some dotted,  satiny material with a pearl sewed onto the center and then sewed onto the hat,

If you have a wee one who needs a cute little hat,  hop on over to Make it and Love it she has a great, easy-to-follow  tutorial for these.

And I put them in these cute upcycled gift bags


And I will show how I upcycled my wedding gift bags into baby gift bags sometime this week.  And yes I do have gift bags that I've saved from my wedding 5 years ago.  I'm not a hoarder i promise.  I just have a hard time getting rid of things I'm pretty sure I will be able to reuse.   That  IS different... right??

Linking up to Not Just a Housewife, Tip Me Tuesday and  One Project At A Time

Thanks for stopping by,
Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment