I make these rolls for holidays and when I
am having a lot of people over.
We LOVE them! They are soft, light and yummy!
- 2 cups water
- 2 sticks butter cut into cubes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 3 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- In microwavable bowl place 2 cups water and butter or margarine. Microwave about 2 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, blend 1 cup sugar and eggs.
- In a separate cup, microwave 1/2 cup water for 30 seconds. Add 1 teaspoon sugar and dissolve/stir yeast in this. (let set for 3-5 minutes if it foams up a lot , your yeast is working.)
- Mix butter water and sugar and eggs mixture together; add salt. Mix in yeast water. Stir in 7 to 7 1/2 cups flour. Mix well. Dough will be sticky. Put in lightly greased bowl and let rise in the refrigerator overnight, covered.
- When ready to use, dump onto floured surface (DO NOT PUNCH DOWN!) and let warm to room temperature. LIGHTLY KNEAD! Only work in enough extra flour to handle.
- Shape into rolls and place on greased sheet(s). Let rest 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F (205 degrees C) oven until tops are golden. 8- 10 minutes. (optional Brush with oil or butter immediately out of the oven